With Labor Day just around the corner, one of the summer’s last opportunities to pull out the bar-be-que is almost here. I found this great list of grilling tips from NYT’s The Minimalist.
I picked a few good tips off the list so here’s a sampling below:
2. Best grilled artichokes: Cut artichokes in half, scoop out the choke, parboil until tender. Grill, cut-side down, until lightly browned; grill a couple of halved lemons, too. Combine the juice from the grilled lemons with melted butter and spoon over the artichokes. Finish with parsley.
33. Smear hanger, skirt, flatiron or other steak with mustard. Grill and serve with grilled shallots.
61. Odd, but good: Strawberries and cherry tomatoes kebabs, finished with basil-laced balsamic vinegar.
80. A chicken or turkey burger worth eating: Cook and chop bacon; mix with ground chicken (or turkey) and grill.
101. Actually, this is a drink: Skewer green olives, then char them a bit. These would be a good garnish for shrimp, chorizo or anything else. But instead, make yourself a fantastic dirty martini.
What will you be grilling up for Labor Day?